Speaker instructions – virtual events
BEFORE THE BROADCAST
You will need:
- A computer (laptop, desktop or tablet) with a mic and speaker.
- We strongly recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
- A recent version of CHROME or FIREFOX
- A strong internet connection.(without a good internet connection we are sunk)If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
For Android users, we recommend the Chrome browser. On iOS, you must use Safari. N.B. iOS 14.2 has some issues with audio stuttering so we recommend upgrading before attempting to join.
JOIN THE BROADCAST
To enter the broadcast studio:
- Click on the link supplied by Aviation Events Group
- Allow StreamYard to access your camera and microphone
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected
- Enter a display name. Please use your full name and your organization’s name
The moderator will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until admitted. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to see and hear you.
Still not clear? WATCH THE VIDEO
Natural light is generally best – unless it’s behind you! Take a little time to ensure you are well lit – it makes a huge difference.