Speaker instructions – virtual events
BEFORE THE BROADCAST
You will need:
- A computer (laptop, desktop or tablet) with a mic and speaker.
- We strongly recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
- A recent version of CHROME, EDGE, FIREFOX and OPERA will work but unfortunately, other browsers, like Safari, do not support our technology yet. We recommend Chrome for the best experience
- A reliable internet connection.(without a good internet connection we are sunk)If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
JOIN THE BROADCAST
To enter the broadcast studio:
- Click on the link supplied by Aviation Events Group
- Allow StreamYard to access your camera and microphone
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected
- Enter a display name. Please use your full name and your organization’s name
The moderator will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the broadcast until admitted. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added. Then everyone will be able to see and hear you.
Still not clear? WATCH THE VIDEO
- Natural light is generally best – unless it’s behind you! Take a little time to ensure you are well lit – it makes a huge difference
- Got a slide deck to share? It’s much easier if you use 2 x monitors
- Look at the camera – you will hold attention from delegates